Friday, 4 April 2014

Green-winged Teal Duck

I was checking out the Quidi Vidi Lake this afternoon and noticed a tiny duck, so small that it stood out like a sore thumb.  But, it was at the ice edge as far from shore as the ice has melted in Apriluary this year!  So, 400mm prime cradled in my arms, I waited.  It swam in many directions for a good while before it met up with the QV, Wood Duck, and was apparently a little smitten with his dapper good looks.  I captured a couple of far off shots of the two of them swimming together, but hand holding a bunch of glass elements of that mass at that distance, well, let's just say that the shot was not tack sharp!  Eventually the little lady did come ashore not too far from where I was standing, and tried unsuccessfully to blend in with a small group of American Black Ducks.  (As you can see, it is a MUCH smaller dabbler than they).








No comments:

Post a Comment